About Me

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Optometry Technician

Optometry Technician

Duties and responsibilities: Optometry technicians assist eye doctors with many duties, such as fitting patients for eyewear, conducting non-invasive eye exams and keeping records. The can work in the office of an optometrist or ophthalmologist, or find employment in a health or personal care retail store. Optometry technicians follow a doctor's prescription and interact directly with patients on a daily basis. Therefore, if you're considering this career, you should enjoy working with people, and have good customer service skills. You can gain the skills specific to optometry technicians through on-the-job training, or by completing a certificate program.

Salary: $36,820 annually

Education: High School Diploma, or equivalence. License may be required in some states. Long-term on the job training.

Demand for profession: 24%

Picture:

Reflection: I would like to try this job for a few years for the experience, but will not want this to be my career choice. To me, this job seems simple and quick. But I feel like I can learn a lot from the on-the-job training. The pay is enough for me, but only for a few years. If I had this job, I would plan on looking for something that pays a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment