About Me

Friday, June 9, 2017

Class Evaluation

Class Evaluation

Over the course of two semesters, I feel like I have learned a lot in the class. When I was first introduced to the course, my typing was improper and slow. This course helped me with muscle memory and typing speed. Typing was one of the main things I wanted to improve on. Another thing i like about this class is the life planning goals journal. If you are fully committed and check your journal daily, you are far more likely to complete your goals. There’s even scientific evidence to back it up. When i have something constantly telling me that I need to achieve something, I feel like I have to do it, no matter what.

I now have lots of experience in this class, and have noticed some minor flaws. The typical day here is like a day at the office, it can get really repetitive. I would also enjoy doing homework that involves some research. Some examples are powerpoint presentations, essays, and class activities, which require the students to communicate with their partners. Another thing i would like is some exercises we can do to warm up our hands. I think we should also get some time to walk around the class for a bit, due to health problems. Sitting down for a long time can cause many illnesses, and may have a negative effect on your posture.

Some recommendations I have for the class are work diversity, more group assignments, and more chatting. Mixing things up can be a change for the better. It can grab a student’s attention. Lot’s of the assignments were to be done individually. Many of us would prefer to communicate with another person, and get another mind’s opinion. When two people agree on the same thing, it makes them feel more confident. Also, the fact that they have someone to rely on helps with stress. Another thing that would help the students is music. The constant sounds of button mashing can get really annoying, and something about it drains my energy. It doesn’t let me work at my full potential, and it makes me feel drowsiness.

My highlight may have been the CTR presentation that I was a part of. With the help of my partner, we utilized sources from other classes, to gather some information on some bad habits. We used the coding program R-Studio to  create a graph on how real people would grade their health. We compared smokers to non-smokers, and we found out that non-smokers tend to feel healthier than that of smokers.

In this class, I feel like i did my best. I never missed an assignment, as long I was present. I ended the course with an A. I also have never gotten in trouble in the class, and i feel like I have a positive relationship with the teacher. I did my assignments, and I asked questions when i needed to. When asked to give my opinion on a topic, I provided answers that were of quality.

I try to read my life planning goals journal everyday. There are some days in which I forget to read them, but overall, I am constantly creating new difficult goals. Over time, it becomes kind of hard to think of goals that matter. But I still seem to manage.


I am willing to sacrifice in order to do what is right. I am committed to being a CTR person. But I feel like I have a long way to go. Even though I am a quiet student, I still do things that I shouldn’t.  I can be serious when needed. I also like doing my work, and have decent grades. Overall, I enjoyed my time here, and hope to have a fun time during my senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment